|News from International Headquarters
March 20, 2020 e.v.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
Greetings of the Vernal Equinox.
IHQ is closely following and monitoring the rapidly-evolving situation related to coronavirus (COVID-19).
The world is grappling with an issue of enormous scale and human impact, and our hearts go out to all who have been affected by the outbreak.
As OTO organizers, it is our responsibility during this crisis to prioritize the health and well-being of our members, and to support health officials and government leaders as they work to contain the virus.
Our Grand Lodges have issued their own policies and directives governing OTO activities during the crisis. This communique is not intended to supplant those directives. It is instead directed to countries managed directly by International Headquarters.
In countries where movement and travel has been limited, all meetings are suspended until your local, regional or national government health authorities relax the order. Observe all directives governing meetings, meeting size, travel bans and curfews.
We understand that some of the members will, especially over time, feel socially isolated. It is a good practice for organizers to periodically touch base with the membership, and encourage them to use digital alternatives to physical meetings, e.g. Skype, FaceTime, etc.
We are issuing the following specific instructions:
- Initiations must be indefinitely postponed.
- Gnostic Masses should be suspended.
- Meetings should be kept to a minimum, and postponed indefinitely when government orders restricting meetings are in effect.
- Members are prohibited from attending any meeting if they are sick, or demonstrating symptoms that could impact fellow members.
- Social distancing of at least a meter or two meters should be observed in any meeting.
- Members should wash their hands before and after eating, and before returning to a temple or meeting place, including any breaks.
- Shoes must be removed at the entrance to any temple or meeting place.
- Hand sanitizer stations should be strategically placed at the entrance of the temple or meeting place, and in the restroom and/or kitchen area.
The WHO recommends practicing good hygiene to protect yourself against infection — by washing your hands frequently with soap or alcohol-based sanitizer, maintaining distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing, and avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth. If you become sick, please seek medical attention quickly.
Please keep the Supreme Council informed of developments in your country.
Love is the law, love under will.
Previous News Stories:
- June, 2019 e.v.
- June, 2018 e.v.
- May, 2018 e.v.
- April, 2018 e.v.
- June, 2017 e.v.
- December, 2015 e.v.
- June, 2015 e.v.
- October, 2014 e.v.
- June, 2014 e.v.
- May, 2014 e.v.
- April, 2013 e.v.
- June, 2008 e.v.
- April, 2008 e.v.
- February, 2008 e.v.
- August, 2006 e.v.